Friday, April 18, 2008

The Captain's Bride by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Lisa Tawn's book had the unfortunate experience of being read by me while I was waiting for Eclipse to show up at the library. When Eclipse did show up, I read both books at the same time, but Lisa Tawn's was read more out of obligation than deep interest. I have to give this book more credit than that, though. It was a good story with some good characters. However, I found the story to be somewhat predictable (i.e. I knew which characters were going to die, etc.). Still, I liked it enough to get the second book in the series (which I liked far less than the first), and I even got the third one this week (which is already better than the second). They definitely aren't page turners, but they're cool if you like seafaring action and strong female characters. A female sea-captain is a neat idea. --Kelly

No comments: